Reducing Indoor Pollutants within your Home
Winter is closing in and here is the scoop on indoor quality: As a hot topic these days the levels of indoor pollutants can be 2 to 5 times higher than the outdoors. You can improve your indoor air by following a few tips:
1. Clean underfoot - avoid carpeting that absorbs much of the dirt, dust and allergens. Try to select hard wood surfaces, tile or laminate flooring. These surfaces are much easier to clean.
2. Keep furniture and windows dust free. Dirt may not always be visible on the surface, but it is usually there. Leather and vinyl furniture is easier to clean than upholstered furniture. Putting a slip cover over fabrics will help in routine maintenance throughout the year.
3. Curtains and blinds trap more than incoming light. Take them down and wash them with a garden hose or a vacuum. This will help reduce the chances of mold growing on or new the window or window's shades surfaces.
4. Consider using a HEPA filter. This is the best way to reduce indoor allergens and other particulates from the air. HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Arrest and is capable of removing 99.97% of dust and allergens from the air.
5. Use a HEPA vacuum to remove the dust and debris from the floors and the furniture within your home. Most vacuums capture a small amount of the dust and debris and redistribute the remaining debris back into the air. Using a HEPA vacuum will promote a cleaner environment, free from mold spore
You may not plan to be indoors much this season, but chance are you will be. Consider using these few steps to help reduce the amount of particulates, mold spores, and dust within your home.
Mold Inspections-San Diego.com
Robert Santanastasio, CIEC
FunGuy Inspection & Consulting LLC
Our Comprehensive Mold Inspection Includes:
· A visual mold investigation
· A detailed moisture assessment
· Air/surface mold sampling
· A mold report on our findings
· Solutions for Mold Removal!
A Certified Mold Inspection performed at your home or office by a Certified Mold Inspector will identify water damage and Mold Growth. Mold Inspections-San Diego.com is a Professionally Certified Mold Inspection Company serving San Diego County, and most of Southern California. We are known for our highly trained professionals, quick response times, and affordable mold inspection prices.
$30 off if you schedule Today!
We look forward to helping you with your Mold Test today!
Call Toll Free 888.399.3994 or Enter your information Below